ImpulseRC Alien build

jipp

nice! i need some motivation to get on my martin 230. i see getfpv has some emax red bottom 2205 2600kv in stock. hmm.
now i need a place to fly ;D
chris.

jipp

much needed thanks code. looks like so much fun, id love to have something like that near by.

well i went ahead and ordered some 2205 red bottom om 2300kv, since ill be sporting 5" props on the 230mm frame. thanks for sharing, i needed that video. right now its raining, and the best i can do is get maybe 3 min air time out of each one of the 5 batterys i have for the nano. i guess its time to order another set of batterys for this nano.

chris,

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
That looked like fun!

Man I can't wait for green grass again. It's snowing/raining/sleeting here today. Green is right around the corner...

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I had a pretty good crash last week. Here's the result:

Luckily, it held up until I got my replacement bottom plate in today. I replaced the stock 1.5 mm plate with the new 2 mm one.

mpbiv

Dang!

I started out with the Alien 6" kit and liked it so much I got the 5" too, but mine came with the 2mm bottom plate! It's pretty tough. I participated in a demo race at the beginning of the month and it was in a parking lot during the Drone Dealer Expo. Here is video of it from Alex Edit's vlog of that race: https://youtu.be/gUgq68sDUSo?t=4m26s

I decided to use my Alien 5" and probably in like the 6th or 7th heat I finally came to close to the ground and ate it. The frame have some scuffs but pretty darn durable!

Even though I have my own frames now, I still like my Aliens :)

Darkback2

Watching that video is both inspiring and despiring at the same time. :p Like Holy crap he just did a roll between two tree branches...It would be awesome if I could do that => I just crashed my quad into a tree...I shouldn't have tried that. Given that I haven't been able to fly much lately the videos are keeping me going.

C0d3M0nk3y

I finally got a chance to do some flying over the weekend after a couple of busy weeks. I tried out a few new things. It was fun.

Darkback2

Awesome flying!

I'm glad you started out the video stuck in a tree because that makes me feel like maybe there is hope. Something that I am now aware of that I didn't consider before, and am now trying to keep in my mind when flying...Camera uptilt changes the way the quad behaves... There are points in your dives where intuitively I would think the quad was going in a certain direction, but in reality it is already farther along the turn than I thought it was.

Also, Nice flip through that tiny gap in the tree. :)

DB

C0d3M0nk3y

Hey guys. I've been away for a while, but I finally got a chance to do some flying this weekend. I'm a little rusty, but I had a lot of fun.