ImpulseRC Alien build

jipp

by the way i just went with the cheap fpv antennas, how durable are the fatshark antennas, worth the extra $? seems you can get a set for around 40.00 compared to the 14.00 i paid for two sets of antennas. i have 3 projects in my box im collecting parts for... so i have a bunch of stuff arriving via mail any day now.. i need another set of antennas.. main reason im asking.. considering trying another brand for my third set.

chris.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
by the way i just went with the cheap fpv antennas, how durable are the fatshark antennas, worth the extra $? seems you can get a set for around 40.00 compared to the 14.00 i paid for two sets of antennas.

I'm using the Immersion antennas for their durability. I tried the VAS (IBCrazy) antennas before these, but I broke a few of them. I haven't tried any of the budget antennas.

jipp

ok, so they can take a crash. i guess ill order a set after i get the FPV thing flying/working/built.. will be fun to compare the quality of picture between them.

chris.

C0d3M0nk3y

The dry weight is 389 g.

The AUW with a GoPro and a 4S 1300 mAh battery is 636 g.

The motor to motor distance is 225 mm.

jipp

it looks great man. i really like the anodized purple hardware on the black carbon weave.. its a hard combo to beat for looks.. but then i guess i just like the look of carbon for some reason. that is a nice quad tho no doubt.. id say a F1 machine ready to rock.

chris.
p.s

are you just experimenting with the 3 blade props? do they offer anything over regular two blade props? besides a extra thing to break :D

C0d3M0nk3y

it looks great man.

Thanks.

are you just experimenting with the 3 blade props? do they offer anything over regular two blade props? besides a extra thing to break :D

They get almost as much thrust as the HQ 5x4.5 bullnose props, but draw much less current. This way I can run 1300 mAh batteries instead of 1800s to keep the weight down.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Time to work on the Codemonkey signature green paint job! :)

Bet you can't fit this one under the pine tree. :D

jipp

hhe. lay the smack down.. look forward to the green paint job. but i guess green grass is probably on its way out, for a white covered ground. i sometimes forget other states have 4 seasons..

chris.

jipp

great maiden man.. that thing zips.. very nice flyer i must say.. and your skill keeps getting better and better.
i think you may need some kind of quad hanger soon.. you have quite a few you have built unless you part them out from build to build.

chris.

FPVology

very nice man! I think you have officially convinced me to buy one! haha (if mr. steele and fga hadn't already!)

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Man that looks great....except for that Yellow "Brick" on the front.:p Use a Mobius or RunCam for Aesthetics if for nothing else. ;)

Thurmond

C0d3M0nk3y

great maiden man.. that thing zips.. very nice flyer i must say.. and your skill keeps getting better and better.

Thanks!

i think you may need some kind of quad hanger soon.. you have quite a few you have built unless you part them out from build to build.

I've kept some, sold some, and reused the parts from some. I like to keep a few in flying condition so I'll still have something to fly if I need to replace a part on one or something.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Nice write up C0d3monk3y. Great to see you are enjoying it. It's a little rocket hey :). Your setup is basically identical to mine. Oh and I see you've been practicing too. Last time I saw you flying in that location you were basically hovering around.

I actually spent some time helping Soma to pack some orders so I may have packed some you guys frames.... Well except for the ones that were incorrect. Sona did them :p. In all seriousness, I've watched watched Soma, Mr.Breakmore and another casual employee do nothing but ship orders for over a week now so they will be over the moon that people are liking them. I know they are sick of looking at carbon and purple fasteners :)