PC 21 Scratch Build

Jackson T

Elite member
I started work on the hatch magnets today.

IMG20200225214216.jpg

I also made the horizontal stabiliser/elevator.

IMG20200225203449_1.jpg
IMG20200225203457.jpg
IMG20200225214444.jpg

Jackson T

Elite member
Working on the rear turtledeck now. The former at the rear of the canopy is sloped, so I had to use some maths to get the right shape for the former's curve. On the right is a circular arc, and on the left is what shape the former needs to be to so that the turtledeck's curve remains circular with the sloped former.
IMG20200301092234.jpg
IMG20200301092213.jpg

I'm using the water soaking trick that a few of the guys have kindly mentioned on this thread. I soaked the balsa in warm water for 10mins. Now it's rubber banded in place while it dries out to hopefully get it to hold it's shape for when I glue it later.
IMG20200301213001.jpg

Last edited:

Jackson T

Elite member
I saw that yesterday and I all ready want to build one.
Have you seen my video series of my 4 meter glider on my YouTube channel? There's pretty much all the photos from the forum thread plus a few more, all rolled into a few short build videos, plus flying footage! If your actually interested in building one, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. There's definitely a few things I would do differently on a V2 if myself or anyone else builds one.

Jackson T

Elite member
Do you have any plans for it?
No plans, but I can draw up a three view and supply any additional info if you'd like.
What I think I would do would be shorten it down to a 2.5 or 3 meter wing. Because I have no place to store a 4 meter one
You may as well completely design a 2.5 or 3m glider using some of the design features in that case. We have a nice big shed, so I don't even normally have to pull apart the 3 piece wing!
At the moment I am working on a 2 meter glider called the dynaflight daydream.
Nice! You should do a build thread on it.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
it is Almost done. If I made one I would probably make the wing sections and then make my own fuselage to go with it. I would do this because I am not good at making wings.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
If I built one I would not have the leading edge and then put the leading edge stick in at a 45 degree angle.

Jackson T

Elite member
If I built one I would not have the leading edge and then put the leading edge stick in at a 45 degree angle.
Putting the leading edge in at 45 degrees would probably be harder because of the way you'll have to cut the front of the ribs. But, in saying that, I haven't tried putting the leading edge in at a 45 degree angle, so I can't say for sure what's better. Maybe some of the more experienced builders out there could shed some light on the subject.