SBD Dauntless from scratch (Scale looking)

What accessories should I add under the wings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Se ve genial!!! Glad to see its off the bench and flying. Hows the new radio working? What expo are you using to start out with?
Gracias Dan!!!
New radio is awesome. i am using 30% expo for all the controls, just need to reduce the aomunt of weight for the ailerons.
BTW i am using on of the motors u sent me, thanks for that!

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Hello all!!!
I know it has been a while since the last update of this thread, but it is not abandoned.
I have some pretty important progress to share thanks to my new 3D printer (what a booster :cool::cool::cool:)

I was stuck for a white with the cabin, making those glass planels was a pain in the ass, so once i got my 3D printer i designed and printed them
1661875439005.png
1661875452168.png

Finally i glued a thin sheet of plastic to each penels to give the glass effect
1661875486851.png
1661875504249.png

I also painted the pilot and the gun man
1661875537471.png

There are some details to be added but it is almost finish

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I also went for the bombs and rockets as result of the poll i added to the thread.
1- Main Bomb
2- Secondary Bombs
3- Wing mounted FFAR

1661875633384.png
1661875639537.png
1661875646809.png
1661875655219.png
1661875661451.png

I am very happy with the results so far. Hope i can get it finish soon!

danskis

Master member
Looking great!!! I was just about to give away some 3 blade props - what size do you need. Still planning on sending the transmitters.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Looking great!!! I was just about to give away some 3 blade props - what size do you need. Still planning on sending the transmitters.
Thanks Dan, anything is always welcome!
This one i am printing is 8.5 x 4.7 3 blades equivalent to a 9x6 2 blades. We tried a 3d printed 9x4.7 2 blades at the field and went pretty nice.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
beautiful plane! btw do you have an stl for the bombs/rockets?
Thank you hankflies03. Yes, i do. i designed them, as well as the canopy frame.
Here are the FFAR stls. The body was made out of a bbq stick.

I also attached 1ton and 500pounds bombs

Attachments

• soporte.STL
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 500LB_BOMB-SOLID.stl
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • punta.STL
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cola.STL
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Ton bomb.STL
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hello people!
Dauntless is ready for re-maiden. I will make a set of decent photos latter (with the motor and prop installed) to share.
View attachment 231754 View attachment 231755 View attachment 231756 View attachment 231760

Details for the main Bomb.
View attachment 231759
View attachment 231758
View attachment 231757

Hope u like it!
WOW!!! Just wow that is an absolutely stunning plane! the scale details on it too... i certainly have never seen such a good looking foam model especially a scratch build WELL DONE man! i can assure you i would never have the patience for something like this!

cdfigueredo

Elite member
WOW!!! Just wow that is an absolutely stunning plane! the scale details on it too... i certainly have never seen such a good looking foam model especially a scratch build WELL DONE man! i can assure you i would never have the patience for something like this!
Thank you very much for your kind words Matthewdupreez. I used to think as u untill i tried. I have to say it has not been easy and have been boring at some points but i managed to finally acomplished. I am pretty proud of how thing ends. I just hope re-maiden flight be as good as it looks on ground.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I am officially closing this thread after a long time between delays and progress. Last Saturday took place the national competition of aeromodelling and within it the scale category started in our country. This year there was not an exhaustive evaluation of the models but rather a vote for the most popular model, resulting the SBD Dauntles the most voted. We could not fly because there were sustained winds up to 27km/h and it was decided not to risk the models.
I am really very happy with the result because I invested a lot of time in the construction of this model. I know there is a lot of room for improvement but I think it's pretty good for my first scale model.
Here are some pictures of the finished model on the track.

IMG-20221119-WA0064.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
w
I am officially closing this thread after a long time between delays and progress. Last Saturday took place the national competition of aeromodelling and within it the scale category started in our country. This year there was not an exhaustive evaluation of the models but rather a vote for the most popular model, resulting the SBD Dauntles the most voted. We could not fly because there were sustained winds up to 27km/h and it was decided not to risk the models.
I am really very happy with the result because I invested a lot of time in the construction of this model. I know there is a lot of room for improvement but I think it's pretty good for my first scale model.
Here are some pictures of the finished model on the track.

View attachment 232395

View attachment 232389 View attachment 232390 View attachment 232391 View attachment 232392 View attachment 232393 View attachment 232394
well done man. she looks magnificent