The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesseract

Master member
I am not even going to reply to your remark apart from give you some advice View attachment 189658
First get to the opticians, then I would suggest an evening of reading.
View attachment 189659
;)
lol. Also I can see perfectly fine. I meant that I see an engine with materials that can be used to make a plane after being surgically removed from the Bentey. Also I have unwrapped the Bentley in my mind and formulated it into an Idea (Oooh!) and shoved it into the deepest part of my brain to be revisited when I'm twenty.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I have the fuz and tail section for a bipe I satrted building from balsa many years ago, never got finished. In fact the last time I looked at it, the elevator was far too small for the surface area of horizontal stabiliser I had built.
That's why it eventually got shelved I reckon, the fuz was at least 30" long if not more.
lol. Also I can see perfectly fine. I meant that I see an engine with materials that can be used to make a plane after being surgically removed from the Bentey. Also I have unwrapped the Bentley in my mind and formulated it into an Idea (Oooh!) and shoved it into the deepest part of my brain to be revisited when I'm twenty.
Thats like dismantling the Great Pyramid and Taj Mahal just because you fancy a new garden wall made from the same stone they are made from.
Or to put it in another context, its like breaking up the Wright brothers plane and burning it for the firewood because you have a chill, or building a new fence with it to keep vermin off your lawn.

tesseract

Master member
I have the fuz and tail section for a bipe I satrted building from balsa many years ago, never got finished. In fact the last time I looked at it, the elevator was far too small for the surface area of horizontal stabiliser I had built.
That's why it eventually got shelved I reckon, the fuz was at least 30" long if not more.

Thats like dismantling the Great Pyramid and Taj Mahal just because you fancy a new garden wall made from the same stone they are made from.
Or to put it in another context, its like breaking up the Wright brothers plane and burning it for the firewood because you have a chill, or building a new fence with it to keep vermin off your lawn.
Ah I forgot Blower Bentleys are rare. Soery

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I want one of these
1611099892643.png

A manned drone
Bet you would get paranoid about the condition of your Lipo's charge before setting off in that.

mastermalpass

Elite member

Ach... I mean, I dunno what I was expecting, but whatever it was would be more than just making a quadcopter of it. I get it - the car is an aerodynamic nightmare, making it fly would involve sheer force that isn't that fundamentally different from four rotors pointing down. But, to me, using a quad copter setup is like getting a Chinook to come and pick it up. Chitty flew like a plane. And we all know with enough thrust a small wing area can fly. Sure, fabric deployable wings an a small pusher prop would be off the table, but if you just made a larger red and yellow delta and maybe snuck a rocket on board (I'm thinking Me-163 set up as the front canard is of course going to do nothing) it could work. Sure, you'd have to strip out the engine and exhaust stacks - but I can see they did that anyway.

It's just after seeing what people cam get into the air by relying on aerodynamics alone...

... There's no excuse to go quad-cop. lol

mastermalpass

Elite member
Or, y'know, if you do want to go rotor wing, don't rely on a flight controller: :ROFLMAO:

The DCL Hexacopter gets a pass - that's purpose built, it's not pretending to be anything besides a giant racing multi-rotor and it is awesome for that! :D

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I totally agree with you, my wife recorded the program while I was working over Christmas, knowing how much I love anything to do with making things fly.
Unfortunatley it led to arguments between myself and my good lady wife. I said it was't flying in the true sense, as it was just lifting off the ground and hovering around. From my point of view it wasn't a flying car, anyway you can imagine the discussion and how heated it got.
But I thought it was interesting to watch and better than most of the :poop: that appears on UK television these days.
I prefered the James May's glider project where he achieved a new record for distance with an RC glider, unfortunately it wouln't let me add the link.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
I totally agree with you, my wife recorded the program while I was working over Christmas, knowing how much I love anything to do with making things fly.
Unfortunatley it led to arguments between myself and my good lady wife. I said it was't flying in the true sense, as it was just lifting off the ground and hovering around. From my point of view it wasn't a flying car, anyway you can imagine the discussion and how heated it got.
But I thought it was interesting to watch and better than most of the :poop: that appears on UK television these days.
I prefered the James May's glider project where he achieved a new record for distance with an RC glider, unfortunately it wouln't let me add the link.
James may is pretty cool, exept destroying historical paper airplanes.

I found it here.
https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/2f2c9f80b9e45da8a59ced890e941f42

Status
Not open for further replies.