mrjdstewart

Legendary member
oh no, what have we here? a new email from Rasterize? what could it be? ;)

20181011_140002.jpg

it's glued and will maybe cut tomorrow. i have to say after doing a few of his skins now, this is getting much easier. as always, his work is perfect and i can't wait to see this fly.

then, i'm giving it to him to let him crash! :LOL:

laters,

me :cool:

basslord1124

Master member
Here's what I got left...

-Run linkages for control surfaces and install control horns
-Solder connectors on ESC (got a barebones 30A with no connectors), connect to motor and check direction...fix if necessary.
-Install receiver and glue on last foam pieces/hatches/covers
-Make ventilation for ESC
-Install battery and check CG

Had to use 9G servos as it's all I had. Motor is a Turnigy 2200KV. And luckily I had some 5x4x3 props that were unused. Gonna start it on a 2S 800Mah. Hopefully it should do ok. I'll try and post some pics.

basslord1124

Master member
Just got the speed controller connectors soldered.

Attachments

• 1020181509.jpg
    1020181509.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1020181508b.jpg
    1020181508b.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1020181508.jpg
    1020181508.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
My little FT Long-EZ is such a pain to launch, wallows and drops it's bottom down. I have to give it almost full throttle to get going. Then...it climbs like a rocket and rolls like a Tasmanian devil at the touch of the sticks. It's glide slope is awful and I blooming love flying it 😀😀😀

basslord1124

Master member
Hey just wondering, how are your all's Long EZs in the weight department? Mine is almost complete and just seems kinda heavy to me. I'll check it's weight here later.

basslord1124

Master member
Made some progress on mine...we're almost there...

I put the last little pieces of foam on (cover and battery hatch). Then started working on my radio. I had never set up elevons before on my radio, but it went super easy. Just followed Josh's instructions in the video. Didn't have to do any major adjustments. Now I still need to do my dual rates, expo, and reflex/trim settings. Also finalized my linkages...tightened em up and put some Loctite blue on them.

Basically all that is left is securing the receiver, putting my battery in and checking CG, do some glide tests, and then we're off!

JGplanes

Ok, so how do you repair the canards when they rip off on the first test flight?

I really had high hopes for this plane, but giving it throttle seems to push the nose over and I can't get any control authority. I'm using an stock build with an A-pack and 3s 850mah battery.

basslord1124

Master member
Ok, so how do you repair the canards when they rip off on the first test flight?

I really had high hopes for this plane, but giving it throttle seems to push the nose over and I can't get any control authority. I'm using an stock build with an A-pack and 3s 850mah battery.

Depending on the where they rip, I'd suggest toothpicks or BBQ skewer and hot glue in the seam. OR you could use a carbon fiber spar glued in.