Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Tench745

Master member
Maule-ish. Ish meaning "kind of like." So, kind of like a Maule
Maule-spread-01_web-640x480.jpg

cyclone3350

Master member
The other night I heard this horrendous loud sound that actually caused the house to buzz with a high frequency vibrations. It was definitely a turbo prop, but unlike any I ever heard before. I called my neighbor, who is also an aviation buff, to get his opinion. He said he looked it up on flight tracker and told me it was a Cub. I thought he was joking, but sure enough, it was a Cub. The NATO name for the Antonov An 12 flying from Canada to Arizona. I wonder if @leaded50 could knock one of these out for the Cub challenge. This is what I would expect from him if asked to build a Cub.
Antonov-An-12.jpg

Taildragger

Legendary member
The other night I heard this horrendous loud sound that actually caused the house to buzz with a high frequency vibrations. It was definitely a turbo prop, but unlike any I ever heard before. I called my neighbor, who is also an aviation buff, to get his opinion. He said he looked it up on flight tracker and told me it was a Cub. I thought he was joking, but sure enough, it was a Cub. The NATO name for the Antonov An 12 flying from Canada to Arizona. I wonder if @leaded50 could knock one of these out for the Cub challenge. This is what I would expect from him if asked to build a Cub.
View attachment 213921
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but its not a piper cub lol

synjin

Elite member
Alright, late to the party and there are beautiful planes on this thread, but I started a new J-3 Cubbish. 9 foam board pieces, 2 servoes, and an 1806 or 2205 motor. I might use the big tires in the picture, though with all the snow I’m thinking of making skis. It’s a pretty straight forward build. I had a different motor mount on the first version, so I’m changing up the front of of the fuselage.

The first one was an easy flier, so we’ll see how this one goes.
4E771B05-7DEC-40AC-8AD7-7E932E703613.jpeg

Taildragger

Legendary member
Alright, late to the party and there are beautiful planes on this thread, but I started a new J-3 Cubbish. 9 foam board pieces, 2 servoes, and an 1806 or 2205 motor. I might use the big tires in the picture, though with all the snow I’m thinking of making skis. It’s a pretty straight forward build. I had a different motor mount on the first version, so I’m changing up the front of of the fuselage.

View attachment 213993
wow thats pretty. your own design?

cyclone3350

Master member

View attachment 213993
I like what I see. It looks like it was cut out with a great attention to detail and precision. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Can i re-enter with a j-3?
i have been considering it for a while now.
go ahead, but remember the builds are due by jan 1st
I'm gonna say the maidens don't need to be done until jan 15 because most people have bad weather this time of year