ImpulseRC Alien build

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I'm going to try out Lumenier's Skitzo motors on this build. They're 2204 2500KV motors.

Here's the weight compared to the Cobra 2204 2300KV:

Bricks

Master member
Thanks guy`s I really have enjoyed reading this tread since I have only been into the Quad world for a few months. Not owning a bunch of different frames I could not tell you the difference between them threads like this really help.

C0d3M0nk3y

Thanks guy`s I really have enjoyed reading this tread since I have only been into the Quad world for a few months. Not owning a bunch of different frames I could not tell you the difference between them threads like this really help.

Good to know the information is useful to someone!

C0d3M0nk3y

I soldered everything directly to the FC this time.

After a smoke test, I finalized the placement of a few things.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Thanks for the comparison! To me though, I've come to expect the quality of FPV to be somewhat poor, so it doesn't matter that much. As long as I can see halfway decent in heavily shadowed areas and the latency is under 80ms or so, I'm good. The HS1177 seems to be the one I'd prefer. . . if I was stuck with the above settings of each.

FPVology

are my eyes just playing tricks on me or is the zerozero a bit behind the hs1177?
The color seems a bit better on the zero zero but imagine it might have a harder time with light changes. I dont know just spitballing

FPVology

have you had much trouble with the xt60 soldered directly to the pdb? I already busted one (which was a pain to replace)

C0d3M0nk3y

are my eyes just playing tricks on me or is the zerozero a bit behind the hs1177?

It might be, or it might just be within the margin of error of recording at 60 FPS. I'd say they're close enough that I won't be able to tell the difference.

The color seems a bit better on the zero zero but imagine it might have a harder time with light changes. I dont know just spitballing

The color is good when you have plenty of light. We'll see how it handles low light conditions.

just went back and looked and the kiss fc instal pics... cleeeeaaaaan dude!

Thanks!

have you had much trouble with the xt60 soldered directly to the pdb? I already busted one (which was a pain to replace)

I haven't. I'm using two battery straps to make sure the battery stays in place.