QAV400 quad build

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
I'm trying to stay away from this build thread, as I already have enough quads, and you're making this look tempting :)

I half considered a xugong v2 after pricing one out for a friend at the field... I wonder if that airframe would work well with a brain instead of DJI guts? Hmmmm... NOPE JUST FLY WHAT YOU HAVE NARCO ;)

Looking good C0d3!

Darkback2

Sweet Looking Quad...Looks like it is coming together nicely. I am always impressed by everyone's attention to detail and ability to plan things out so well.

DB

jipp

looking good. my goggles came in this week. i just went with some cheap hobbyking DYI version 2 with the new elastic head band that holds the Receiver, and battery.. using that swim suit material.. and a upgraded monitor.. i figure these will work for now..
while i see if i like FPV, and at 50.00. and they can always be used for other people if and when i upgrade to fatsharks or that other one that getfpv sells.. forget the name off hand now...

i need to buy a camera now.. not sure what to get.. i know we want the 2.8 lens. i need to buy a camera for the goggles too. as they are setup so you can look out with out taking them off by doing so. which is kind of neat.

maybe if i feel up to it i will try to assemble the kit today, im still healing tho so i may wait for another few days. can kind of type now at least. as it seems have everything to start a build now on my flying tank project.

chris

Last edited:

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
looking good.

Thanks.

my goggles came in this week. i just went with some cheap hobbyking DYI version 2 with the new elastic head band that holds the Receiver, and battery.. using that swim suit material.. and a upgraded monitor.. i figure these will work for now..

Those look like a good way to try out FPV to me.

jipp

yeah i agree. if anyone is interested hobby king finally has there 45-90C 1300 3s battery's in.. i ordered two.. i think you have gone to 4s tho.

quick 30.00 for battery's. but hey i have 6 now.
i think that will be plenty for now.. till i use them up.

now i must use the rest of my hobby money to buy fpv stuff.

do you think this camera would be ok?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RunCam-600T...475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2333fc466b

if it is im not sure if the case will fit or not.. but should be no big deal to remove.

chris.

jipp

good morning. thank you. i was a little confused because some of them mention IR, and IR blocked.. this one however dose not mention either way..

chris,

C0d3M0nk3y

I finished all of the wiring and installed the gimbal. Here's what it looks like:

The all up weight is 1547 g.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Wow. Switch between FPV cam and GoPro, GPS, gimbal too. You got all the bells and whistles here.

Can't wait to see what it can do!

C0d3M0nk3y

Maiden (LOS and FPV):

As you can see, the quad could use some tuning. Maybe the gimbal too.

jipp

very cool to see it air born.. the gimbal looks cool up front.
im sure you will get it tune in no time id imagine the extra weight would make it easier to tune?
as you do not have to deal with wind drift etc.. or maybe that logic is wrong..

chris.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
the tune isn't that far off though... just needs to be a bit more locked in :) I didn't see much issue with the gimbal so that's pretty near good as well!