Sweepwings Flinch build

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I've tried out a couple of small fixed wing aircraft, so now I want to try something a little bigger that I can fly FPV. I decided to go with the Sweepwings Flinch. The kit I picked up is the Flinch V2. I'll keep track of my progress here.

Specs:

MK 19: Sweepwings Flinch

motor: Cobra 2217/8 2300KV
ESC: Emax 40A Simon Series
servos: Emax ES09MA
RX: FrSky X8R
telemetry: FrSky SP-FLVS
prop: HQ 6x4.5

5V regulator: Pololu D24V50F5
12V regulator: Pololu U3V12F12
battery: Turnigy nano-tech 3S 2250 mAh 65C

camera: GoPro HERO3+ Black
FPV camera: Sony PZ0420
FPV TX: ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz 600 mW
FPV antenna: ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz SpiroNET

all up weight: 1113 g
wingspan: 940 mm

Last edited:

C0d3M0nk3y

The kit comes with EPP wings and a center section, balsa elevons, fiberglass spars, aluminum motor mount, coroplast winglets and bay cover, and 5 mil laminate.

The center section has the bay pre cut in the V2 kits.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I need to finish my runt. Its been haunting me since I first got it and rushed to build it..... and have yet to finish it.

tneun

Nicolas
Nice! always wanted to have to flinch, but don't have so much money so will stick to scratch building. Will follow this thread! Hope it will fly as I've heart it would.

Nicolas

C0d3M0nk3y

I'm using a Cobra 2217 2300 KV motor, an Emax 40 A ESC, and an HW 6x4.5 prop.

I'm using Emax 14.8 g servos.

The receiver I'm using a FrSky X8R.

I'll be powering everything with a 3S 2200 mAh battery.

C0d3M0nk3y

When I started this build, I wasn't planning on using the included coroplast skids, but I've changed my mind. They come in 4 identical pieces. I glued them into 2 sets of 2 with some goop.

C0d3M0nk3y

Laminated.

This was the step that was most intimidating for me before starting this build. I think I did pretty well for my first try.

C0d3M0nk3y

Glued the winglets on with white Gorilla Glue and glued the skids on with goop. Then I reinforced the seams around the winglets and skids and sealed the leading edge of them with goop. I also put the RC antennas and buzzer in place and held them in with some hot glue.

Last edited: