Twitchity mini hex build

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Have you noticed now that CleanFlight is moving along some of the changes are "suddenly" also appearing in BaseFlight as well?

Hmmmmm.......

Thurmond

We call that 'competition'. :)

So long as TC and CF spat about who's foo is best, we all win!!!!

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I tried a simpler way to mount the mobius similar to what FGA and some of the other Blackout pilots use. It's just a few strips of thick foam tape (some weather seal I picked up at Lowe's) on the top plate with a velcro strap holding the mobius on top of them.

It works great. Here's a video:

I was able to reduce the AUW by about 25 g by removing the clean plate I had been using.

C0d3M0nk3y

Today I cut a vinyl decal and applied it to the top of the hex. I think it turned out pretty well for my first try.

jipp

this was a good read. i learn a lot.. especially about using more rudder when flying with FPV. will archive that for later use. also i think white works great for a quad. and the code monkey is a nice touch. i think one of my project over the next year will be one of twicths frames ( i like his quad frame and like this hex one too.. look cool ). they looks like they can take a beating.. which i will need as i predict many crashes. lol. also i see as a noob i will stay way from the KISS ESC i keep seeing being mention. thanks for sharing.. its amazing what one can learn by just reading these threads.
chris.

p.s
watching the videos makes you want to fly, good motivation even tho i keep ducking my head when things fly by even tho no way would it hit me.. guess that is human nature, i wonder if ill do the same with glasses :p

speaking of which, what FPV goggles did you get? or are you using a screen. i thought i would try the 30.00 kit for goggles on hobbyking to see if i like it before i save up 400.00 for normal goggles like fat-sharks. seems logical.

Last edited:

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I got a Silhouette Portrait cutting machine. I think it's pretty cool. This is cut on adhesive vinyl. You could probably do something similar with just the vinyl and an xacto knife if your xacto skills are better than mine.

Had my eye on those lately. Saw a post on hackaday about someone using one to cut solder stencils for SMT soldering. Love the fact that there's 3rd party app capable of talking to it unlike all the other consumer level cutters I've seen.

C0d3M0nk3y

this was a good read. i learn a lot.. especially about using more rudder when flying with FPV. will archive that for later use. also i think white works great for a quad. and the code monkey is a nice touch.

Thanks.

also i see as a noob i will stay way from the KISS ESC i keep seeing being mention.

The KISS ESCs have been updated to version 1.1 since I tried version 1.0 in this build. I'm trying them out on two other builds at the moment. They're still not for beginners though.

thanks for sharing.. its amazing what one can learn by just reading these threads.

You're welcome. I'm glad the information is useful.

speaking of which, what FPV goggles did you get? or are you using a screen. i thought i would try the 30.00 kit for goggles on hobbyking to see if i like it before i save up 400.00 for normal goggles like fat-sharks. seems logical.

All of the FPV I've done so far has been with a monitor. I kind of felt the same way about trying it out before jumping into buying a set of goggles. Over the winter I picked up a pair of Dominator 2s, but I haven't been able to use them yet.

jipp

oooh, its gonna turn out nice.. i think white mini quads look very fancy! you can bring her and ill bring my blacked out thug life frame. aww match made in the stars for told many lifes ago, left to us in the form of manuscripts on really old worn and tattered parchment. :p
look forward to watching this phoenix reborn from the black ashes of despair.
may she fly to the flames highest apex to glide with the eternal embers of life... off to the vanishing horizon where the stars are reborn, over and over to meet the phoenix on her maiden voyages of life.

chris.

jipp

Jipp, are you taking extra pain meds this week? your last few posts sound like you're high as a kite :)

hi, i am on diff meds for now.. but not by choice. i had to go see my doctor.. my leg has been keeping me up for the last three days. my legs are swollen up to the size of tree trunks.. im not in very good shape. :(

im not high tho.. i was just trying to be something im not in that post.. some kind of Prophets or something.. thought it get a laugh. instead i get called on it for being high.. failboat for me.

chris.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
hi, i am on diff meds for now.. but not by choice. i had to go see my doctor.. my leg has been keeping me up for the last three days. my legs are swollen up to the size of tree trunks.. im not in very good shape. :(

im not high tho.. i was just trying to be something im not in that post.. some kind of Prophets or something.. thought it get a laugh. instead i get called on it for being high.. failboat for me.

chris.

You got a laugh from me, I'm just razzin ya :)