Twitchity mini hex build

zenguerilla

I think it's time to rebuild this bad boy and get it back in the air.

Are you sure you don't want to just repaint it with some of this multi texture green and maybe a little dust of clear on a few key places?

41%2ByPSNzPdL._SY300_.jpg

zenguerilla

Ha! Yeah, I could just cut to the chase and start it out like that. :)

The color can be modded after the texture is applied too. It may just help to scuff up the old paint before, dust a little clear to tuff up the texture, and of course practice a little on something else first. Slow low temp oven sitting may help a little too. Like I remember someone else saying earlier, dust on a light layer, dry, light sand, and repeat a few times-can help also.

You may be able to get a pigment to sit in the natural CF texture and clear that as well, which the Twitch maker may prefer more too. Sand the paint you have on now carefully with a finer grit and to the desired finish, apply green food color, or something, and clear it... the options could be many I suppose.

Twitch frames may come in a colored carbon-kevlar material at some point, just so you can't resist picking up another or some color coordinated arm replacements, unless there is some technical design reason that would not be as good of an idea.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Since I took the Cobra 2204 2300KV motors off of this hex to put on my Blackout, I'm putting the Cobra 2204 1960KVs on this.

I'm going to use the DYS SN20a ESCs running BLHeli.

Here's what they look like all soldered up:

C0d3M0nk3y

I'm going to try out the RMRC Dodo FC on this build.

I soldered on all of the pins I think I'll need. It was a bit of a challenge to get them all arranged so that they don't interfere with each other or the standoffs that I'll be mounting the FC on.

jipp

aww, now i see what you mean by having room for the pins.. i dunno if i have the skill to do that. have you used them ESC before? would you recommend them?

chris.

Ocean

aww, now i see what you mean by having room for the pins.. i dunno if i have the skill to do that. have you used them ESC before? would you recommend them?

chris.

The Sn20s/Bl20a seem like the best BLHeli ESC on the block at the moment.

C0d3M0nk3y

Finished assembly. I swapped out the old vtx for an ImmersionRC 600 mW and put on a SpiroNET antenna. I barely got everything in there. I could have cleaned up the wiring a bit, but I left a little slack so I could try some different placements of the vtx.

The dry weight is 617 g.

I did a quick hover test with a 4S 1800, but I don't think that's going to cut it for aggressive flying.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Looking good! Wish you were closer so we could get my CF version and your G10 together for closer comparison.

Out of curiosity I just put mine on the scale similarly equipped (camera platform, VTX, antenna, props, FPV cam) and I came in at 520g

But I think you have a bit more velcro on yours - I just have the one strap for the battery right now, didn't dig out the camera strap...probably adds another 10-15g. I did have my skirt which I finally got a good measurement of though and it weights in at 4g.

I should send you a skirt for it, the white would look a lot better on yours than mine. Drop me a PM with your address if you want one.

I bet if you had the PDB we'd be even closer in weight to each other. I mounted my ESC's right next to the body to keep the power runs to them as short as possible hoping to minimize both wire weight and minimize any voltage drop. Plus the Cobra's had plenty of wire so why not keep the leads longer on that side of the ESC I figured. I like the clean look of the 3 equal motor wires over the 2 thick power wires of different colors and one thin signal wire too.

That white really is striking though. Can't wait to see it with some grass stains :D

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
That white really is striking though. Can't wait to see it with some grass stains :D

Ouch, but he'll be able to fly all winter and not have the road salt show up......
I'm still collecting bits for my Hex. I lost a week having to go to Boston so I could be with my 86 year old Mom who had to get air-lifted to Mass General from Chappaquiddick last week. Lots of little envelopes from China were waiting for me when I got home. Your build is looking very nice.

Best regards,
PCH

C0d3M0nk3y