TwitchFrames mini tricopter build

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I flew the tri FPV for the first time today. It did great, but needs a little more tuning. Here's a couple of minutes of DVR footage if anyone's interested.

jipp

nice flying. im a long long ways away from that. but its just gonna take practice to catch up to you.

im starting to wonder if a monitor would be a the right direction for me to go with FPV to start.. you see im interested in AP anyhow..
seems like a 7" can mount to the TX/. or a tripod. it sure would have more control if i could practice framing the shot/LOS/FPV type.. hybrid.

something to consider i guess. crosses fingers for no wind tomorrow.

i can not really tell how you have the antenna mounted, is it on a short cable? or direct? i know not much room on the twitch tri frame.. so you have to do what you can with the limited space.
chris.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
yeah luxfloat likes to do things different... I'm liking messing around with it at 1.0 RC rates, 70% expo, and then just dial up the rpy rates to taste.

Twitchity

This is going to be one very nice build, again, once complete. I'm really happy to see the tricopters are still alive and flying.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Very cool!

Are those the new 24A KISS?

What servo are you using? I stripped another one out this weekend. I have a new eMAX MG servo on the way but am still asking as I seem to go through them.

C0d3M0nk3y

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Jeeez. A 16 gram $20 servo. Thank you. I'm gonna give the eMAX a shot but if it goes in under a week, I'm gonna get one of these monsters.

C0d3M0nk3y

I needed a way to mount an HS1177 camera, so I drew a part in Sketchup that will slip over the two front posts and printed it out. It turned out pretty well, but I had to clean up one of the holes a little bit with a file to get the post to fit through.

C0d3M0nk3y

I soldered everything to the PDB, then I could start my center stack. On top of the PBD I have the 5 V regulator I'm using for my servo, and on top of that I have the XSR receiver with layers of foam tape in between.

Then I could solder everything to the FC and place it on the stack.