ImpulseRC Alien build

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I'm loving my 6" Alien.

Still haven't built the 4" (too much going on).

Why go with 5" over 6"? I get the redundancy (totally) but why not go redundant 6" frames?

Bare frame to bare frame, no lipos, motors, ESCs or FCs, do you know what is the difference in weight between 5" and 6"?

mpbiv

I'm loving my 6" Alien.

Why go with 5" over 6"? I get the redundancy (totally) but why not go redundant 6" frames?

Bare frame to bare frame, no lipos, motors, ESCs or FCs, do you know what is the difference in weight between 5" and 6"?

I know you are not asking me, and I love my 6" Alien, but the 5" is definitely lighter and occupies a significantly smaller envelope. The weights are hidden in the RC Groups thread somewhere, but it is lighter. And I honestly think it is the best compromise for speed/agility when racing. The smaller size also makes it easier to shoot gaps and thread through gates.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I'm loving my 6" Alien.

For freestyle flying I love my 5" Alien and get bored with my 6". It's all about how they feel in the air with the specific setup you have on it.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah, I totally agree with the others. The 5" fits in smaller spaces and feels more nimble in the air. I've had both for a while, and I always choose the 5" when I'm getting ready to fly.

C0d3M0nk3y

I'm going to try the TBS ZEROZERO camera on this build. It's the same size as the HS1177, but it's 650 TVL and it has a mic.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
do we remember who this thread belongs to not meaning to be disrespectful but this was never a rant page if you have an opinion you would like to share please put it in an other thread.Code monkey should not need to warn someone for a negative comment.(yes i know it was worked out but still)
Anyway codemonkey ive heard decent things about the tbs Zero Zero if i get one i might think about decasing it for weight reasons but thats because my quad ways a pound(AUW).I have a 700tvl metal cased camera and it works fine but im interested to see how this works .
All the best
-Airhawk

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
do we remember who this thread belongs to not meaning to be disrespectful but this was never a rant page if you have an opinion you would like to share please put it in an other thread.Code monkey should not need to warn someone for a negative comment.(yes i know it was worked out but still)
All the best
-Airhawk

You mean sort of like your post? :p

Oh the dichotomy!

airhawk

Crashing Ace
oh your right was just trying to calm down the thread whats funny is i was thinking some one was going to say your post is an opinion too.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I'm going to try the TBS ZEROZERO camera on this build. It's the same size as the HS1177, but it's 650 TVL and it has a mic.

I'll be interested to hear you opinions on this cam. Steele has been testing a few but has removed them for the stock HS-177 as the visuals were not that good in comparison and you can't adjust the settings. Steele is talking to Trappy about it but I do have a problem about not being able to adjust the settings for different conditions. That would be a nice feature to have.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
This is my main concern as well. I don't usually mess with the settings too much, but I'm not sure if I'll like not having the option if I want to.

I'm not sure what settings the ZeroZero has but the default settings are quite bad on the HS-177. A bit of fiddling can yield a promising result

C0d3M0nk3y

I'm not sure what settings the ZeroZero has but the default settings are quite bad on the HS-177. A bit of fiddling can yield a promising result

Yeah. I change from the default settings (the same changes I used to make on the PZ0420), but then I don't usually change them much after that.

AdamV

for the uninformed, what changes to the pz0420/HS177 - those are what i run, but i've just been going with stock.

The TBSzerozero looked interesting, they were advertising 1ms lag? But it seemed like they meant 10ms... any anywise, seems like anything below your transmitter/receiver lag isn't meaningful?

mpbiv

any anywise, seems like anything below your transmitter/receiver lag isn't meaningful?
Actually lag is additive. So ideally you always want video delay and rc control delay to be as minimal as possible. This is of course ignoring other factors like your personal reaction time and even the ability for a person to perceive the difference between 1 or 10ms of delay.